The ZAUM12x-Kx Magnetic Swipe Reader with Keyboard-Wedge Interface is installed (wedged)
between the main unit and the keyboard of your computer by using the cable
provided on the scanner. It will process and transmit the bar code data as if
it were typed on the keyboard. When the scanner is not in use the keyboard
will operate normally.
This reader is perfect for Point-Of-Sale applications. It reads all credit cards and the data output can be configured to work with your POS software.
- Small Footprint - can be mounted on keyboard or any flat surface
- Bi-directional swipe
- Decodes Tracks 1 & 2 or Tracks 1,2, & 3
- ISO Compliant
- Reads credit cards
- No special software or drivers need
- Keyboardless feature lets the reader work with most Laptops without external keyboard
- User-friendly setup via keyboard
- LED and Buzzer indicators
- Programmable audio response
- Programmable data output
This Universal Magnetic Swipe Reader reads tracks 1 and 2 of magnetic information with a single swipe in either direction. An audible tone and a visual LED signal indicate a successful read. The Universal Magnetic Swipe Reader accepts both high and low coercivity magnetic cards, and can read all ISO 7811, and custom data formats. Programmability options allow the user to select different languages and output data format, including divide, rearrange, edit, and validate fields of magnetic card data.
The Universal Magnetic Stripe Reader can be used as a freestanding unit; Velcro mounted or permanently mounted using two screws.